Description: The Education Night meets on the 4th Tuesday each month. Guest speakers and representatives of various community organizations discuss topics related to mental health. Check our Calendar often to see who this week's Guest Speaker will be. Support Groups do not meet on education night but Crisis Support will be made available if needed.
NAMI FORT WAYNE EDUCATION NIGHT SCHEDULE 2020Schedule is subject to change based on the availability of the speakers.
- January 28, Genesight Psychotropic test: How your DNA might impact your medications --Steve Lee
- February 25, Carriage House Club House Work support program --Tom Weir
- March 24, CIT & Park Center Crisis Intervention Situations --Brian Flesch, Park Center, and Tony Maze, Fort Wayne Police Department.
- April 28, Psych meds and how they affect the body --Michelle Myers, Genoa Pharmacy – Park Center
- May 26, Medicaid and Guardianship Disability --Robert Rhee, attorney, and Thomas Knight, attorney
- June 23, Chiropractors Benefits of neuro feedback for stress relief -- Drs. Charles and Vicki Kelsey
- July 28, Courses offered by MHA –Valerie, Mental Health American of North East Indiana
- August 25, NAMI Fort Wayne PICNIC
- September 22, Volunteer Lawyer Program --Ruth de Wit
- October 27, TBA
- November 24, Dr. Dave Johnson Mindfulness.
- December 22, NAMI Fort Wayne CHRISTMAS PARTY
Schedule is subject to change based on the availability of the speakers
At NAMI Education Night you could hear from:
- Spokespersons from local Mental health agencies
- Care Assistants
- CIT Officers (Crisis Intervention Team)
- Human Service Professionals
- Social Workers
- Laypersons with testimonies
- Al-anon and AA representatives
- Free Lawyer program
- ...and many others.
Find our meeting location on our Contact Us page