Please check CALENDAR for changes or cancellations on the Tuesday you come.
When: NAMI Connections Group meets 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesday of the month
Where: Café Hope at Life Church, 900 East State St. Huntington, Indiana. (map)
Contact: For more info call 260-240-2556 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who've been there. NAMI Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way